Sunday, July 26, 2009

Glimpses from the Chaos Stream

I look around and look around, and I see... what the fuck?

Locally:
At the gas station close to my house, I stopped for my healthy snack (hot dog with jalapeno relish and an iced-tea. Shut up) where I beheld an officer of the State Highway Patrol busily working at his in-dash computer. He was, apparently, updating his status on Facebook. I'm thinking something like "Taking ten for a 100 off the 60" or "Heheheh, Donuts rule."

India:
The old "embarrass the weather gods into doing their fucking jobs" trick:
http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSTRE56M3G020090723

"Farmers in an eastern Indian state have asked their unmarried daughters to plow parched fields naked in a bid to embarrass the weather gods to bring some badly needed monsoon rain.."

Wonder how the Christians might try to incorporate this into Mass?

Tasmania:
I think of this as the "Dude, wait, what?"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8118257.stm

"We have a problem with wallabies entering poppy fields, getting as high as a kite and going around in circles. Then they crash... we see crop circles in the poppy industry from wallabies that are high."

Makes you re-examine every weird UFO conspiracy of the modern area. Time to keep our eyes on those shifty marsupials.

Oddly, these are the sort of things that make me feel at peace with world."

No comments: